Green Hope Plague Returns

An+infected+student+sneezes+into+a+tissue.+

An infected student sneezes into a tissue.

Julia Agius, Staff Writer

Tis’ the Sneeze-on

It’s that time of year again. No, not Christmas time or snow or finals: it’s when the Green Hope plague returns. Each year, our school is swept with disease as the cold and flu season arrive. It seems impossible to avoid the sneezes of the students sitting next to you. Hand sanitizer becomes your best friend, but even that may not be able to save you from this inevitable curse. The school is filled with the constant sound of coughs and sniffs. In addition to the plague, there is also a tissue shortage. Teachers scramble for more boxes of tissues as their students seem to use all of them at an exponential rate.

A sophomore at Green Hope has already been affected by the plague. Hannah Petersen says, “I think I got it from someone in my bio class. I had to miss three days and now I’m pretty behind.”

The plague is no joke. It causing students to miss crucial days of learning. In order to combat this growing disease, you will need a survival kit:

• Tissues
  • Cough drops
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Water bottle
  • A good immune system

It’s going to be challenging to stop the spread of the Green Hope plague, but with the right action, you can do it.

• Don’t share anything with other students, especially if they seem sick
  • Wash your hands often
  • Get lots of rest (but I doubt this one is possible)
  • Avoid sniffling, sneezing, coughing and/or wheezing students at all costs

Most of all, stay strong during these times of sickness. Winter is coming and disease will only continue to grow. Stick it out during these few months and try your hardest to remain healthy. Before you know it, the Green Hope plague will be gone and our school will no longer be a living petri dish of bacteria.