Weekly Wrap-Up 8/26-9/1

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Football: In the first home game of the season, the Football team lost to Leesville Road 55-24. The team was led by Cade Rahm in receiving. Defensively, junior Tyre Pritchett led the team with 11 total tackles. The next game for the Falcons is Friday at home versus Holly Springs.

Men’s Soccer: In the final game of the Wake County Cup Group Stage, the Falcons traveled to Wakefield where the team lost 2-1. The team suffered a tough injury with senior Patrick O’Neill having to leave the game with an ankle injury. The only goal for the Falcons was scored by Dylan Enseling on a penalty kick. The next game for the team is tonight (9/4/18) at Corinth Holders.

Volleyball: The team swept Millbrook in three sets. The score of each set was 25-16, 25-23, and 25-5. The team is being led by a great mix of juniors and seniors. Green Hope is looking dominant for a third straight year over the state. The next match is next Thursday against Cary High.

Women’s Tennis: The reigning state champions swept two conference opponents last week. With wins against Cary and Athens Drive, the Falcons are now undefeated in conference play and ranked number one in the state. Led by strong play from sophomore Katie Andreini, the team is looking for big things this upcoming season. The next match for the Falcons is Wednesday at Riverside.

Women’s Golf: The team had a dual match against Athens Drive, where the team won 251-296. This year, the team is led by Haylyn Lee, Sophia Renville, and Olivia Renville. The next match is Tuesday against Cary.

Cross Country: The Green Hope Cross Country team competed in their last 3K race last week against Athens, Leesville, Gibbons and Riverside. Matthew Einsmann led the boys with a time of 10:46. The girls were led by Anna Cubillo with a time of 12:03. The team starts 5K races this Wednesday and have a big race Friday out in Kernersville at Friday Night Lights.