Men’s Basketball vs. Holly Springs Preview

PJ Fenton

PJ Fenton with the flick of the wrist.

Chris Hall, Sports Writer

On November 27th, the Falcons take on a talented Holly Springs team in an out of conference matchup. Green Hope looks to build off their last win and get to 2-0. The Falcons were led by Ben Maske and PJ Fenton in their first game against Apex. Ben had 19 points while PJ added 12 points, 11 boards, and 5 assists. Ben (Lonzo) Maske scored a career high last friday, when asked about how it felt he said “It felt pretty good, felt even better to get the win with the boys. I am looking forward to the big game at Holly Springs.”

Tonight’s matchup should be interesting. Holly Springs is the #7 ranked team in the High School OT rankings. Holly Springs has multiple three year starters including University of Virginia commit Kadin Shedrick who averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds last year. Green Hope’s largest deficit loss last year was to Holly Springs in a 61-42 defeat. Holly Springs was led by Kaden Shedrick with 19. Green Hope looks to get their revenge. When asked about the opportunity to get revenge PJ Fenton said, “It feels good, considering we probably played our worst game of the season against them. They’re really good this year so it’s a great opportunity to set the record straight.”

Come out to Holly Springs High School (5329 Cass Holt Rd, Holly Springs, NC 27540) tonight @ 6:30 pm to support your Varsity basketball team.