Bailey Fowler is a member of the Green Hope cross country and track team where she has been a vital member of both teams. Her cross country personal record is 19:29. On the track, she runs a 1:02 400m, 2:18 800m, and a 5:46 1600m. Bailey is taking her running talent to Charlotte to run with the 49ers of UNC-Charlotte.
1. When did you begin running?
2. What was the most memorable moment in your high school career?
“Winning 3rd at states for the 800 my junior year.”
3. What inspired you or pushed you to pursue running at the collegiate level?
“I really love running and I like how inspiring running is to me and the people around me.”
4. What schools were you considering during your recruitment process?
“Campbell, App state, UNCC, Queens of Charlotte.”
5. What made Charlotte stand out?
“I went there and their running program was really supportive and stood out from the other schools and I really liked their campus.”
6. Who was the most impactful person throughout your youth athletic career?
“My dad. He’s always been by my side when I run and he always times me and pushes me to be better.”
7. What major do you plan on pursuing?