GH Weekly Wrap-Up 12/2-12/8

GH Weekly Wrap-Up 12/2-12/8

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope Athletics are now returning after a long weekend due to Winter Storm Diego. Despite this, let us recap how our teams held up in a big week of athletics.

Men’s Basketball: The team took on both Broughton and Leesville Road last week. Their first matchup of the week was against the Capitals of Broughton High. Broughton came out shooting hot throughout the entirety of the game and the Falcons could not hold on, losing 81-68. Against Leesville Road, the team lost a tough game 59-35. The next game for the team is today (12/12) against South Garner.

Women’s Basketball: The Women’s team also took on Broughton and Leesville Road last week. The Lady Falcons were able to beat the Capitals with ease, but their matchup against Leesville would not be the same. Losing to a strong Pride team 71-61. The next matchup for the team is today (12/12) against South Garner.

Indoor Track and Field: The team traveled to Winston Salem to participate in the HOT Chocolate meet. Key performances from the event included a new school record from Aubry Dreikosen in the high jump, with a height of 5 feet, 2 inches. Meg Penaganti also won the 1000m run with a time of 3:22. The team travels to Winston-Salem again this Friday and Saturday for two meets.

Wrestling: Green hope claimed a win in a tri-meet against South Garner and Apex Friendship. The Falcons beat South Garner 84-0 and beat Apex Friendship 51-27. The next competition for the team is this Friday at Eastern Wayne.

Swimming: The team did not compete last week. Their next competition is tonight (12/12) at the Triangle Aquatic Center against Jordan and Apex.

About the Writer
Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...