Weekly Wrap-Up 12/9-12/15

Weekly Wrap-Up 12/9-12/15

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

As Holiday break approaches, many athletic teams are hoping to get on a hot streak before an extended break. Let us recap how our teams performed against some tough competition.

Basketball: Green Hope picked up two big wins last week. The first was in a 65-25 routing of South Garner. PJ Fenton led the team with 23 points. The second win was in against Lee County, where Green Hope picked up a 64-40 win. Green Hope’s next competition is tomorrow against Fuquay at home.

Women’s Basketball: Along with the Men’s team, the Women also picked up two wins this week against South Garner and Lee County. The team first had a great defensive showing against South Garner in a 75-7 win over South Garner. Later that week, the Lady Falcons picked up a 66-39 point win over Lee County. Their next competition is tomorrow at Fuquay.

Swimming: The team participated in a tri-meet against Apex and Middle Creek. The Men’s team crushed the competition, scoring 160 points. Apex scored 84 and Middle Creek scored 64. The Women picked up the win as well, but in somewhat more of a close competition. The Falcons scored 139, Apex scored 119, and Middle Creek scored 48.

Wrestling: Green Hope competed in the Wynn-Butler tournament this past weekend in Bethel, NC. Captain Dean Corbett placed second in the 132 pound category. Other members of the team who placed were Kai who finished fourth and Cole Furrie who finished third.

Indoor Track & Field: The team traveled to Winston-Salem on both Friday and Saturday to compete in the Wake County Invitational #1 and the NCRunners Holiday Invitational. Notable performances from the meet were from the 4x800m relay who finished second with a time of 8:35. Bailey Fowler took 8th place in the 1600m, running a 5:29.

Cheerleading: Did not compete this week.

About the Writer
Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...