GH Weekly Wrap-Up 12/30-1/5

GH Weekly Wrap-Up 12/30-1/5

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

Last week was the first week of competition of 2019 for the Falcons. After a long holiday break, the teams came back rejuvenated and ready to make a strong push into conference play. Let us recap how each team began the new year.

Basketball: The team won 71-40 against Triton last Thursday. In the last prep game before conference play, the team played stupendous on all aspects. The defense only allowed two points in the third quarter. Senior PJ Fenton led the team with 16 points. The next game for the team is Tuesday (1/8/19) at Athens Drive.

Women’s Basketball: The Lady Falcons also faced off against the Hawks of Triton last Thursday at home. The team stayed hot after the John Wall Holiday Invitational, cruising past Triton 88-37. Green Hope’s speed on both sides of the ball was too much for the Hawks. The next game for the team is at home on Tuesday versus Athens Drive.

Wrestling: Last Thursday, the team competed in a tri-meet against Fuquay and South Johnston at Fuquay-Varina High School. Green Hope dominated both teams, beating South Johnston 57-24 and Fuquay 48-24. On Saturday, the team traveled to West Johnston to compete in the Wildcat Invitational. The Falcons had three individuals place, Cole Furrie (106) and Ian Viana (113) placed fourth. Jacob Benavente (132) finished third.

Indoor Track & Field: Green Hope traveled to JDL Fast Track in Winston-Salem to compete in the Champion Fast Track Invitational. One notable performance was from Aubry Dreikosen, who broke her own school record in the high jump, clearing 5’4”. Two state qualifiers came from Bailey Fowler in the 1000m run and Kayla Gifford in the Pole Vault. The next competition for the team is on Friday (1/11/18) in the Wake County Invitational #2.

About the Writer
Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...