Furry Falcons: Sika and Chip

Furry Falcons: Sika and Chip

Coral Aman and Ideliya Khismatova

Katie Loughran is a freshman at Green Hope. We asked her a few questions about her two dogs, Sika and Chip. Sika, the older of the two dogs, is a German Shepherd, while Chip is a miniature Australian Shepherd. Katie and her family got Sika from a breeder and found Chip at Pet Pad. The two dogs have varying interests. Sika prefers to spend her time laying around, catching up on her beauty sleep. On the other hand, Chip loves to act like a complete spaz.

Chip and Sika have personalities that complement each other- Chip is hyper and jumps all over the place while Sika is typically lazier, and since she’s older, she is a lot more tired.

Katie’s favorite memories with her dogs were when they were younger. She says her favorite memory with Chip was the day her family adopted him because he was so small. They put a leash on him and watched him run around, which was as cute as you’d think it was. Sika was also adorable as a puppy because she had huge ears that flopped around whenever she moved.

If Chip could talk, he’d say, “Don’t leave me…” because of his separation anxiety. Sika would say, “Pay more attention to me!” as she is no longer the new doggo.

Furry Falcons is a series on Falcon News Feed. Teachers and students can be interviewed to have their pet(s) featured on the website, and the pet does not have to be furry! If you are interested and want your pet featured, please fill out
this google form.

About the Writers
Coral Aman, Copy Editor

Coral is a senior this year and it’s her second year taking the Falcon News Feed class. When she’s not running in the Cross Country or Track seasons,...

Ideliya Khismatova, Student Life Editor

Ideliya Khismatova is a senior writer who is in her second year of falcon news feed. She has one younger brother, one hamster, and enjoys to run during...