Android Stays With The Headphone Jack

The+Apple+headphone+%22dongle%22+necessary+for+using+older+earbuds+with+new+versions+of+iPhones.+

Android Stays With The Headphone Jack

The Apple headphone

The Apple headphone "dongle" necessary for using older earbuds with new versions of iPhones.

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Mason Barish, Staff Writer

One of the strangest decisions in the electronic world was Apple’s choice to remove the headphone jack from the iPhone. This decision brought a lot of criticism from other phone companies such as Google and Samsung, as well as their own consumers, some saying that they would rather have the convenience of a headphone jack than pay for the $150 Airpods or the accessories, such as the “Dongle”, for the phone.

Since this decision, Apple has stayed firmly on the path of having no headphone jack. Samsung, however, is still a staunch believer in the reliability of the headphone jack, according to leaked photos of the S10, their latest phone. Much to the delight of Samsung fans, it has a headphone jack. These leaked photos were released by All About Samsung, and ended lots of speculation on how Samsung may have removed the headphone jack.

I support this decision and I’m glad that the S10 did not give in to the trend Apple was setting by removing their headphone jack. A lot of people still use normal earbuds, and Samsung can be a cheaper option to Apple’s one thousand dollar phones.

Overall, Samsung’s decision to be the opposite of Apple will pay off in gaining more admiration from their own consumers, and gain new ones that couldn’t meet the bill of Apple’s new endeavors. The headphone jack is now a symbol of the convenience that Android phones can provide over the iPhone.

About the Writer
Mason Barish, Staff Writer

Mason Barish is a freshman at Green Hope high school and is new to the Green Hope Falcon Staff. He enjoys writing and is also a part of Mock Congress....