Tri-6 Championship Preview

PJ+Fenton+driving+on+Justin+McKoy+in+a+men%27s+basketball+game.+

Tri-6 Championship Preview

PJ Fenton driving on Justin McKoy in a men's basketball game.

Stacy Shaffer

Stacy Shaffer

Stacy Shaffer

best rivalry in the Tri-6. This game is the biggest game for Green Hope all year. It is both a must win game to get in the playoffs and more than likely the last time they play rival Panther Creek this year. The Falcons are riding a three game winning streak. After beating our other rival Cary to end the regular season, Green Hope has won two win or go home games to keep the season alive. One against the conference regular season champion Athens Drive. They managed to hold DJ Robertson to 5-17 shooting on the night. The Falcons look to do to the same against Penn State commit Justin “Rubber Band Boy” McKoy.
The Falcons are led by seniors PJ Fenton (17.5 ppg and 8.6 rpg), Justen Grant (9.5 ppg and 6.6 rpg) and Tophie (Sudoku) Harkins. Justen scored a career high 31 points last game against against Athens Drive and will look to build off of his stellar performance and help Green Hope to another win. Green Hope will also look for contributions from juniors Tavaras Vann (6.6 ppg and 4.7 rpg) and Teddy Rasmussen (2.0 ppg and 1.8 apg) who have both steadily made improvements throughout the year and are now in the starting line up.
Over the past three years, Green Hope is 6-5 against Panther Creek. Last year, Green Hope got the last word by knocking Panther Creek out of the playoffs in the second round 69-65. Tonight’s big matchup should feature the two big men, Justin McKoy and PJ Fenton. The last match-up this year was decided by only two points. When asked about getting another chance to play Panther Creek, Senior Captain Garrett (The Garrison) Williams said, “It feels great to get another chance to play them. We’ve been playing really well lately and I think it’ll transfer to tonight’s game. I can’t wait, we’re going to leave it all on the floor.”
Come support your Falcons tonight at home. The theme is a JERSEY OUT. Varsity tip off is at 7:30pm.
A few weeks ago we went 84 feet with PJ Fenton to ask a few general questions including what his goals were for the rest of the season. Watch to see how he’s making his goals reality. He can also eclipse 1,000 points tonight with 29 or more.

About the Writers
Chris Hall, Staff Writer

Chris Hall is a senior and this is his first year writing for The Falcon. His favorite things to do in his freetime are play Basketball and Fortnite. His...

Josh Mohess, Staff Writer

Josh Mohess is a senior who is new to Falcon News Feed this year. In his free time, he enjoys playing soccer and when he plays for the school’s soccer...