GH Weekly Wrap-Up 2/24-3/2

GH Weekly Wrap-Up 2/24-3/2

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Spring sports officially had their first competitions last week. Men’s/Women’s lacrosse, Women’s soccer, Baseball, Softball, Track, Golf, and Stunt are all optimistic for a very productive season. The Men’s track team are the reigning NCHSAA 4A State Champions, while some other teams are strong candidates to take the state title this year. Let us recap how all of our teams performed.

Men’s Lacrosse: The team had their first competition under first year head coach Amiel Hartwell, who previously coached at Orange High School. Green Hope fell to the Apex Cougars in their season opener last Tuesday. The Falcons travel to Apex Friendship today in a big out-of-conference matchup.

Women’s Lacrosse: Green Hope took on the Cougars of Apex in their home opener last week as well. The Falcons fell to a strong Apex team and are looking to rebound this week. The team faces off against Millbrook tomorrow (March 5th) at home.

Men’s Tennis: Tennis is looking to be a powerhouse in North Carolina this Spring. The team takes on Cary today at Cary Tennis Park.

Men’s Golf: In their opening competition, Green Hope took second place at the Keith Hills Invitational. The team was led behind Carter Boulia and Alex Huml who both scored 76. The Falcons tee off again on Thursday against Panther Creek at Falls Village.

Women’s Soccer: Mother nature has not allowed the Lady Falcons to take the pitch this season. The team had their Husky Jamboree and away match versus Millbrook canceled due to rainy conditions. Green Hope is hoping to take the field tonight against Broughton at home. Kick off is at 6:30.