DC’s Television Success

DC’s Television Success

Mason Barish, Staff Writer

Everyone knows that DC hasn’t had the greatest time in the movie industry, but their TV shows have been a staple to their prominence on the CW since Arrow first premiered in 2012. Since then, new releases such as the Flash, Black Lightning, or Supergirl, have joined the ranks of the growing network. There have even been special events where the shows crossover and come together, featuring each other.

Last October, a new show, Titans, was released to DC Universe, DC’s streaming service. Titans is a live action version of the Teen Titans that was previously an animated show when it was last seen on TV. Before release though, the trailer for the show was ridiculed for trying too hard to be ‘dark’ and ‘edgy’. However, it was rated pretty highly on release, and now sits at an 80% on Rotten Tomatoes and an 8/10 on IMDB.

This February, a new show was released, called Doom Patrol. It follows a team of superheroes that are underdogs and outcasts. Doom Patrol is  rated R, but has received even more praise than Titans has. It sits at a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes and an 8/10 on IMDB. One of the big reasons for its success can be chalked down to how seriously the show takes itself, it knows it has some absurd things that happen, and doesn’t try to be as serious as Titans does sometimes.

Overall, I’d have to recommend both of these shows to those who are burnt out from the shows on the CW. The streaming service these shows are found on is only $8 a month, and features more than just these two shows highlighted. It also has the 3rd season of Young Justice, a show that has been waiting for its 3rd season since 2013. This also includes most past shows, and ones currently showing such as Teen Titans Go! The only hope most fans have is that they are able to transfer this success to their movies.

About the Writer
Mason Barish, Staff Writer

Mason Barish is a freshman at Green Hope high school and is new to the Green Hope Falcon Staff. He enjoys writing and is also a part of Mock Congress....