GH Weekly Wrap-Up 3/3-3/9

GH Weekly Wrap-Up 3/3-3/9

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

Spring sports have had a tough start getting in games due to mother nature. Many teams have had games postponed or cancelled this past week due to wet field conditions. This week is hoping to look promising as temperatures warm up and the weather dries out. Let us recap how each of our teams performed last week.

Men’s Tennis: The Falcons started strong in their first two competitions of the year, beating Cary and Athens Drive. The team beat the Imps 8-1 and defeated the Jaguars 8-0. Green Hope travels to Durham today to take on Riverside.

Women’s Lacrosse: The Lady Falcons lacrosse team took on Millbrook in a non-conference matchup. Green Hope was able to take the win by a score of 8-7, playing without captain Juliana Defalco. Green Hope travels to Heritage today for their next game.

Softball: The team played two out of the three scheduled games last week. The first was against Millbrook, where the team fought hard but fell short by a score of 9-7. The second game was against a tough Holly Springs team where the Falcons could not pull out the win. Green Hope will travel to Sanderson next week for a matchup against the Spartans.

Golf: Green Hope finished first in a Tri-6 match last week at Falls Village Golf Course. Chris Kim led the team with a score of 35, propelling the Falcons to a score of 146. The team travels to Hope Valley Country Club today for another match.

Women’s Soccer: In their first game of the season, the team played a tough Broughton side and fell short 1-0. The team followed up the next day playing Wakefield, losing 2-0. The team is showing signs of improvement through their first two games and are looking to come back strong tonight at Apex.

Baseball: Green Hope Baseball played one game last week against Holly Springs. This competition was one of much excitement, as it went to 11 innings. The Falcons fell short in the end, losing 4-3. Green Hope travels to Heritage today for a non-conference game. 

Track & Field: In the first dual meet of the season, the team took on Cary at home. The most notable performance was from junior Thomas Vo, who ran the current NC #1 time in the 800m and qualified for the Regional meet. The track team has a dual meet versus Athens on Thursday and compete in the Patriot Invitational on Friday.

About the Writer
Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...