Men’s Lacrosse Starts Tri-6 Play on Fire

The seniors on the team.

The seniors on the team.

Steinhoff Photography

The seniors on the team.

Steinhoff Photography

Steinhoff Photography

The seniors on the team.

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

On Tuesday, the 12th of March, the Green Hope Men’s Lacrosse team traveled to Pinehurst to take on the Pinecrest Patriots in their conference season-opener. The Falcons came off of a tough loss the night before against East Chapel Hill are were hoping to bounce back strong. Green Hope was able to start Tri-6 play on the right foot, beating Pinecrest 14-11.

The Falcons got off to a rolling start, as they were firing on all cylinders. Goal after goal put the team in a great position heading into the half. Green Hope had a 9-3 lead at half-time, Isaias Delgado was leading the team in goals with four. A key part in the first-half success was the defense being able to play as a unit and all put in good shifts. Senior defenseman captain Patrick Dunn said, “We did a good job communicating and we were all on the same page.”

The Falcons let off the gas on both sides of the ball in the third quarter, allowing the Patriots to slowly reel the game back in. Pinecrest was only trailing by a score of 8-11 with one quarter left to play. Pierson White and Sam Larkin were the sole scorers during the third quarter.

Green Hope turned it back on in the fourth quarter, leading the way to their first win of the season. The final score of 14-11 is a strong step in the right direction for how the team wants to play every other team in the Tri-6 conference. Looking ahead on the season, Dunn said, “I believe if we can play like we did in the first quarter all season, we can expect great things.” The team is now 1-2 on the season (1-0 in the Tri-6) and are planning on keeping the momentum up. The Falcons travel to Panther Creek on Friday for a huge Fight for 55 matchup. Face Off is at 6:30, make sure to go cheer on your Falcons!

About the Writer
Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...