Green Hope Welcomes New Athletic Director

The new Athletic Director Brad Hinson.

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

As most of the Green Hope community knows, the current athletic director, Colin Fegeley, is making the move to Green Level High School next year to become their first ever AD. Fegeley has been the AD for the past 5 years, and those 5 years have come with tremendous success. With Fegeley moving on, Green Hope would like to welcome the new athletic director, Brad Hinson.

Hinson was the former Athletic Director at Cox Mill, where he was in charge of the Chargers program for 5 years. Hinson has a very athletic background, as he was a dual sport athlete in high school, playing both football and basketball. Also receiving his degree in Sports management, athletics have been part of Hinson’s life for a very long time.

Besides being the Athletic Director at Cox Mill, Hinson is a member of the North Carolina Athletic Directors Association, and also a member of the North Carolina Coaches Association.

Prior to becoming the AD at Cox Mill, he was the Assistant Athletic Director, the Men’s Basketball Coach, the Assistant Football Coach, and the Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach all at Cox Mill.

Brad Hinson will be on campus next week, and will be taking full control of the Athletic Director position starting in the fall of 2019. We want to welcome him to the falcon family, and to wish him luck in starting up at Green Hope.