Baseball Blanks West Johnston

Baseball Blanks West Johnston

Liam McHale at bat.

Liam McHale at bat.

Brandon Morton

Liam McHale at bat.

Brandon Morton

Brandon Morton

Liam McHale at bat.

Josh Mohess, Sports Writer

On Wednesday, the 13th of March, the Green Hope Baseball team traveled to Benson, North Carolina to take on the Wildcats of West Johnston. Green Hope came into the game after an extra-innings loss to Holly Springs last week. The Falcons took down the Wildcats by a score of 1-0.

The team is led by UNC- Wilmington commits and seniors, Kohl Abrams and Kevin Pitarra who lead the teams batting averages with a minimum of 10 at bats. Abrams has a batting average of .357 with 14 at bats and Pitarra has an average of .429 with 14 at bats. In last nights game, Kevin scored the only run of the game with an RBI from junior, Danny Heintz. Pitarra was on third and Abrams was on second and a center field hit by Heintz allowed Pitarra to get the run in. Heintz played a big role in the game with 10 strikeouts in a full game, pitching 7 innings.

The play of the game came from catcher, Kevin Pitarra, in the sixth inning. One of the West Johnson players tried to steal second and Pitarra threw a dart to Abrams to get the out at second base. This play ultimately ended the inning. After the game, Kohl Abrams said, “Danny performed really well on the mound and everyone played great defense behind him. We couldn’t really get the bats rolling, but the one run was enough to get us the win. We are looking to build off this win heading into Saturday for a double header against Oxford.”

The Falcons will travel to Oxford Preparatory this Saturday, March 16th, in Oxford, North Carolina. This weekend it will be a double header at 12 pm and 2:30 pm. Do it for Joel.

About the Contributors
Josh Mohess, Staff Writer

Josh Mohess is a senior who is new to Falcon News Feed this year. In his free time, he enjoys playing soccer and when he plays for the school’s soccer...

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...