GH Weekly Wrap-Up 3/10-3/16

GH Weekly Wrap-Up 3/10-3/16

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Great weather led to many competitions this week from Green Hope spring sports teams. Most of our teams got in at least one match/game/meet. The latest news in the Green Hope Athletic community is the hiring of Brad Hinson, the new Athletic Director. Hinson is coming from Cox Mill High School, where he was AD for 5 years. Now, let us recap how our teams performed.

Baseball: A win against West Johnston and two wins against Oxford Prep led to a perfect week for the Falcons baseball team. Danny Heintz pitched a full, 11K game versus West Johnston in the 1-0 victory. Kevin Pitarra hit his first high school home run as Green Hope cruised past Oxford Prep in both double-headers on Saturday. The next competition for the team is tomorrow at home versus Cary.

Women’s Soccer: The team tied Apex 0-0 early last week in a tough non-conference game. Green Hope then traveled to Leesville Road later in the week, where they fell to a very good Pride team. The Falcons host Cary High tonight at 6:30.

Men’s Tennis: Green Hope still remains undefeated, after taking down both Jordan and Riverside last week. The team is currently ranked number one in the state as they have crushed all of their opponents thus far. Their next match is against Panther Creek today.

Men’s Lacrosse: Amiel Hartwell, the new head coach, was able to get his first career win for Green Hope last week against Pinecrest. The team won the game with a score of 14-11. The Falcons played two other games against East Chapel Hill and Panther Creek, where Green Hope could not pull out the win in either game. The team takes on Athens tomorrow at home.

Women’s Lacrosse: The Lady Falcons also played three games last week. They opened the week with a win against Heritage. Green Hope then played both Pinecrest and Panther Creek, where they fell in both competitions. Their next game is tomorrow at Athens Drive.

Men’s Golf: The golf team is off to a hot start as they have been taking down conference competition each week. Last week, in a Tri-6 match, Chris Kim led the team with a score of 38. He was followed by Carter Massengill and Alex Huml who both shot 39. The team has a home match today at Preston that begins at 3.

Softball: The team did not play last week. They travel to Sanderson today.