Arrow is Coming To An End

Alex Price, Staff Writer

If you’ve ever seen The Flash, Supergirl, or Legends of Tomorrow, then you’ve probably heard of Arrow. If you haven’t, Arrow is the show that started all of them. Starting in 2012, Arrow was the first show in what would become known as the “Arrowverse”, the TV universe that includes the shows listed above. Arrow tells the story of Oliver Queen, who was stranded on an island for five years and returned home a different person. When he returned he became a vigilante who had many names; The Hood, The Arrow, and eventually he took the name of the comic book character he was based off of, the Green Arrow. Earlier this year, Arrow was renewed for its eighth season, which will premiere this fall. However on Wednesday, March 7th, Stephen Amell, who plays Oliver Queen, announced that the eighth season would be the final season and would be ten episodes long.

Many of the cast and crew reacted on social media and thanked the fans. Showrunner Marc Guggenheim said, “Without an audience, there is no show… We aim to craft a finale season that will do you proud.” Stephen Amell said, “Playing Oliver Queen has been the greatest professional experience of my life… for now I just want to say thank you.” David Ramsey, who plays John Diggle on Arrow, said, “Arrow fans have been the best any actor could’ve asked for… Can’t wait  for you to see what we have in stock for you. Let’s end on a high, shall we?”

Many Green Hope students are saddened by this cancellation. Green Hope junior Zuha Quamar said, “I’m so sad. I didn’t even watch it this season but I wanted to cry when I saw it’s ending.” Fellow junior Zaina Qureshy said, “Oh my god I know I’m so sad.” Arrow isn’t the biggest show on TV, but the loss of this show will certainly affect students here at Green Hope.

About the Writer
Alex Price, Staff Writer

Jacob is a junior at Green Hope. He wrestles for both Green Hope and Wolfpack Wrestling Club, and is an avid Fortnite player. Jacob enjoys movies, and...