GH Weekly Wrap-Up 3/17-3/23

GH Weekly Wrap-Up 3/17-3/23

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Spring has officially sprung as we officially enter the first full week of this season. As well, many of our student-athletes are preparing for the end of the third quarter, which goes through Tuesday. In addition to all of their hard work in the classroom, all of the student-athletes are showing up in their respective sports too. Green Hope is starting to show some big time results against some tough competition. Let us recap how our teams performed.

Baseball: The team went 3-0 on the week. The first win of the week was against the Imps of Cary, and the Falcons made it a short 5-inning game, winning 10-0. Green Hope then teed off against Millbrook and won. Finally, to cap off the week, the Falcons traveled to Cary. In a long, delayed game, Green Hope had the bats rolling and cruised to a 21-9 win. The next game is tomorrow at Athens Drive.

Women’s Lacrosse: The Falcons took on both Athens Drive and Jack Britt last week. Green Hope first beat Athens Drive. The team then had to travel to Fayetteville to take on the Buccaneers of Jack Britt and came home with another win. Green Hope went 2-0 last week and is hoping to keep the streak going.

Men’s Lacrosse: Green Hope had two games last week and split their wins. In their first game of the week, the Falcons took on Tri-6 leading Athens Drive and lost a close game. In the second game of the week, Green Hope beat Jack Britt to push their conference record to 2-2. The next game is today at Leesville Road.

Women’s Soccer: The team went undefeated in their Tri-6 games last week, and also lost a close out of conference game. Green Hope opened the week against Cary, and was able to get the offense going as they scored 3 goals while only letting 1 goal in. The Lady Falcons then traveled to Athens Drive and won a crucial 1-0 game. The next day, the team played Holly Springs and lost 1-0. The teams next game is today at home versus Pinecrest.

Softball: Three games last week for the team, and they came out with a 2-1 record. The Falcons routed Sanderson in their week-opener by a score of 16-2. Green Hope then lost to Cary 3-7. The Lady Falcons then traveled to Cary and got redemption, beating the Imps by a large sum. The next game is Tuesday at Athens.