GH Weekly Wrap-Up 3/24-3/30

GH Weekly Wrap-Up 3/24-3/30

Green Hope logo.

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

@GHFALCONS

@GHFALCONS

Green Hope logo.

Great weather brought great results from all of the Green Hope student-athletes last week in a large number of competitions. One record was broken and many teams went on hot winning streaks. Let us recap all of this great success from our teams.

Track & Field: Junior Thomas Vo broke the 3200m school record on Friday at Raleigh Relays with a time of 9:16. This qualified him for Nationals this summer and bested Ryan Walling’s record from the same event. Saturday the Falcons hosted the Wake County Invitational where there was a lot of qualifying performances and results. The next competition for the team is on Thursday at home versus Jordan.

Women’s Soccer: The team went 1-2 on the week. The first loss was against Pinecrest in a 3-1 loss. Green Hope was then able to beat Athens Drive by a score of 2-0. The Lady Falcons had an undefeated conference record on the week, but then lost to Fuquay. Their next game is today at Riverside.

Baseball: Green Hope finally ended their 10 game win streak last week, remaining dominant in the Tri-6. Their first three games of the week proved dominant for both sides of the ball as the offense was rolling and the defense was locking down any runs from the other team. Green Hope then had their first loss in a few weeks against Purnell Swett. The team plays again today at Panther Creek.

Softball: The team picked up two wins against Athens Drive last week. The first was a dominant 21-4 win. The second had a similar outcome, cruising past the Jaguars by a score of 13-3.

Men’s Lacrosse: The Falcons had three non-conference games last week against some high quality teams. Green Hope was not able to pull out a win from any of these games, but is planning on keeping a strong conference record this week. They play Riverside tonight and it is Senior Night.

Women’s Lacrosse: Green Hope beat Wakefield last week in a big non-conference game. The team plays Riverside at home tonight.

About the Writer
Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...