What’s the best place to skip class?

What’s the best place to skip class?

A Green Hope student skipping class in the senior locker bay!

Ideliya Khismatova

Ideliya Khismatova

Ideliya Khismatova

Coral Aman and Ideliya Khismatova

Have you ever had the urge to skip class? Although we urge you not to, we have the inside scope on the best place to do so: in plain sight.

On different days, we each staked out on the first floor of the school for the first two periods of the day, mainly in the senior and junior locker bays. And here’s the thing: literally no one cared.

We received a few “good mornings” from students and teachers, but for the most part, no one noticed that we were actually just chilling in the locker bay and simply avoiding class. Even when one of us brought our blanket to look cozy and casual, it didn’t seem to catch many people’s attention.

Eventually, when one teacher inquired as to why one of us was not in class, she ended up discussing the importance of the class that was being skipped but didn’t emphasize going back. She simply acknowledged the presence and supported the decision to avoid going to that class.

On the other day, another teacher pondered as to why the other person was skipping class. This teacher encouraged one of us to “get to class” and asked what we were doing in the locker bay. This person answered that she was working on a project for a class, but the truth was soon revealed.

This teacher discovered that the student was completing an experiment for the class Leadership in Media. He claimed that this was “not an experiment” before claiming the person should get to class. This teacher wishes that the entire school take notice that he stopped to care about his student out of concern for why one of his previous students was not in class.

Over the course of both days, many people approach us, some familiar faces we had classes with, and some we had never seen before. They all wanted to know “What class are you in?”, “What are you working on”. We answered their questions, but after that, they continued on their way without considering that we could be skipping class.

We counted almost one hundred students and nearly 50 teachers who walked right by us each day, saying nothing.No one seemed to care that there was a girl sitting in the locker bay eating snacks and chilling for three hours.

So, what can we learn from this? The best place to skip class lies in our very school: the senior locker bay.

About the Writers
Coral Aman, Copy Editor

Coral is a senior this year and it’s her second year taking the Falcon News Feed class. When she’s not running in the Cross Country or Track seasons,...

Ideliya Khismatova, Student Life Editor

Ideliya Khismatova is a senior writer who is in her second year of falcon news feed. She has one younger brother, one hamster, and enjoys to run during...