Women’s Lacrosse Super Saturday Preview

Women’s Lacrosse Super Saturday Preview

Green Hope Athletics

Green Hope Athletics

GH Athletics

Green Hope Athletics

GH Athletics

GH Athletics

Green Hope Athletics

PJ Fenton, Sports Writer

The Green Hope girls lacrosse team will be taking on the high school from the other side of 55 on Saturday April 5th at 2:45 in the annual Super Saturday event. This year Green Hope is hosting Super Saturday. The lady Falcons come into the game on the biggest winning streak in the Tri-6. Green Hope has won four games in a row and has done it in style, winning by a significant amount in each of the last four games. The Falcons are led by Seniors Meghan O’Mara and Juliana DeFalco. O’Mara leads the Falcons in scoring with 25 goals on the season while DeFelco has done a stellar job on the defensive side locking up the opposing team’s best player every game. The next leading scorer for the Falcons after O’Mara is Cammy Peele who has 19 goals from the midfielder position. Another huger contributor to the Falcons is young, but very good. Jenna Eller is only a sophomore but is third on the team in scoring with 16 goals on the year. The Falcons leadership from senior Claire Melton is crucial to their success as well. When asked about Saturday’s match up with Panther Creek, Melton said, “Panther Creek is a really well-rounded team and got the best of us the first time, but I think the loss has motivated us and we haven’t lost since then and hope to keep that win streak going into the state playoffs.” I agree with Claire and think that the ladies will win Saturday and keep this win streak alive. Make sure to come out to Green Hope on Saturday April, 5th for a full day of sports starting with the JV women’s team at 9 a.m.