Dear Felicity Falcon (Issue 4)

Dear Felicity Falcon (Issue 4)

Green Hope High School logo with alterations

Felicity Falcon, Advice Columnist

Dear Felicity Falcon,

• How do you get your girlfriend to like you?Well, if you’re currently referring to her as your girlfriend and she’s okay with that, then you’re doing something right. If you want her to like you more, the best thing you can do is help her to get to know you better. Talk more. You don’t need to give her your life story (Unless you’re inclined to, I guess), but just talk more about everyday stuff. I feel like the people we like most, we like for the little things. Their sense of humor, their laugh, our everyday interactions with them. You don’t need to tell her your deepest, darkest secret (Unless, once again, you‘re inclined to), but just try to open up to her a little bit.
  • Are there any free skater-boys to be friends with? Let me know.It sounds like you’re having a little trouble making friends. Although we’re already in the fourth quarter, never think that it’s too late to become friends with someone. Why don’t you try to talking to some of the kids in your classes? If you’re worried about it not working out, don’t worry. As I said before, we are in the fourth quarter— you really have nothing to lose. If you see someone sitting alone at lunch, don’t hesitate to go over and offer to have lunch with them. I’m sure they’d appreciate it.
  • “Why is one toe bigger than my other toes?Well, having a “big toe” is basic humanity anatomy (If you didn’t already know that, I recommend that you take Biology ASAP). If you’re talking about having a toe, other than your “big toe”, that is longer than the others, it is referred to as having a “Greek foot” or “Morton’s toe”. No need to fear, as it is not life threatening. If anything, you should feel a little flattered. Although you may see it as abnormal and worthy of wearing closed toed shoes forever, the Ancient Greeks actually found having a “Morton’s toe” to be more aesthetically pleasing and often incorporated them into paintings and sculptures. In other words, know that if you are criticized or made fun of for your “Morton’s toe”, there’s always the option of moving to Greece.

Sincerely,

Felicity Falcon

About the Writer
Felicity Falcon, Advice Columnist

Felicity Falcon writes an advice column where the students of GH can voice their questions, concerns, etc. She is a highly respected, retired school mascot...