Baseball Wraps Up Regular Season

Baseball Wraps Up Regular Season

Kohl Abrams at bat.

Kohl Abrams at bat.

Ryan Monroe

Kohl Abrams at bat.

Ryan Monroe

Ryan Monroe

Kohl Abrams at bat.

PJ Fenton, Sports Editor

The Green Hope baseball team wrapped up their regular season this week with a win on Wednesday over Leesville Road in a convincing 7-0 manner. UNC Commit and Green Hope Junior, Liam Norris, was the star of the game. Norris took it upon himself to throw a complete game, a very uncommon feat in high school baseball. In addition to throwing a complete game, Norris struck out 15 batters and let up zero runs. The Falcons had a very well rounded offensive attack at the plate with many batters getting hits. Leading the way for the Falcons was UNCW commit Kohl Abrams, who went 2-4 with a double and a single. Norris wasn’t only dominant on the mound, at the plate he also went 2-4 with a double and a single to help the Falcons. The Falcons are sitting at 17-6 heading into the last game of the season on Friday night against Beargrass Charter. This is the second meeting between the two schools with Beargrass Charter actually beating the Falcons in the first game. The Falcons are coming in off a great performance versus Leesville and expect a win on Friday as well. I got a chance to meet up with Senior Shortstop Kohl Abrams and when asked about the game, Abrams responded, “Beargrass is a very solid team, they can hit and have great pitching. The last time we played them was over spring break and we played with no energy and got outplayed. I think now that we are heading into the playoffs we all have a different mindset than the first time we played them and will do everything in our power to win.” Kohl is a senior and is coming down to the end of his playing days as a Falcon. When I asked him about how he wants to finish his senior season Abrams responded with, “I just want to keep on playing and in order to do that we have to win. I love this time of year because it is win or go home. Either you step up and get the win or your season is over. It is definitely more pressure, but these are the games that we worked so hard for in the offseason, I just want to keep on playing with my brothers and make a deep run in the playoffs.” Make sure to come out next week when the team begins its playoff run!

About the Writer
PJ Fenton, Staff Writer

PJ Fenton is a senior at Green Hope High School. He also plays basketball for Green Hope, and his position is small forward. PJ was born in Massachusetts,...