Prom Interview with Kelly Cook

Prom Interview with Kelly Cook

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Amelia Mendes and Sophie Hall

We interviewed Kelly Cook, the member of Green Hope’s prom committee who came up with this year’s prom theme, Under the Stars, and asked her about GH’s upcoming prom on Saturday, May 11th.

What has the planning process been like?: “In the last month or two, the other members and I have had to meet up more often. We needed to create sub-committees for music, party favors, decorations, and the banner, which was created by the National Art Honor Society.”

Do you think people should go if they don’t have a date?: “I think they should. More likely that not they have friends to go with, but, if not, it’s an opportunity to meet new people.”

When and where can we get tickets?: “The cafeteria on Wednesday, May 8th, after school. Tickets are $50.”

Why did you choose the theme “Under the Stars”?: “Well, I wanted it to be magical and not a theme that would be hard to do. “Under the Stars” was simple and classic. I was thinking about how we could have lights in different places and experiment with different backgrounds. I was so happy when my  theme was voted on and chosen.”

What food will be provided?: “Cupcakes, cake, pizza, but there will also be healthier options like fruit.”

How do you feel about prom?: “I feel super excited because when I was little, I thought it was this big magical, night of opportunity and adventure. It’s going to be cool to see everyone outside of school looking formal and having fun!”

About the Writers
Amelia Mendes, Opinion Editor

Amelia Allende Mendes is a junior at Green Hope this year.  She moved here four years ago from Miami Beach in Florida, but her favorite place in the world...

Sophie Hall, Staff Writer

The youngest of three sisters, Sophie Hall is a Junior this year at Green Hope.  She plays soccer, excels at drawing and her favorite movie is Pixar's...