NC’s Food Highlights

Instead+of+going+to+Wendy%27s+or+another+fast+food+restaurant%2C+support+your+local+businesses.+

NC’s Food Highlights

Instead of going to Wendy's or another fast food restaurant, support your local businesses.

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Mason Barish, Staff Writer

While we all know Chick-Fil-A and Wendy’s, food chains that we have in North Carolina, there are some restaurants and food attractions founded in our very own state that are extremely underrated. 

Possibly the most popular company from North Carolina, Pepsi was founded in New Bern and has since grown into the biggest business that originated in NC. Other notable examples include Hardees, Cookout, and, of course, Krispy Kreme, the two latter being the more popular in Cary. There are still plenty of places that haven’t grown far outside of NC, an example being CharGrill, which has remained native to NC since it was founded in 1960.

Restaurants with single locations include places like the Shiny Diner, an old fashioned restaurant that serves at all times of day. It has a great environment and is a sure hit with most families. Anjappar is near Stone Creek that serves outstanding Indian food. Every dinner feels like a feast, even with a large family. Lucky 32 is near Tryon road and prepares any form of meat you ask for, from poultry and beef, to pork.

While it isn’t just one restaurant, Gonza is a fantastic local chain of authentic Mexican food. It has locations in nearly every city in NC. Going back to one of the oldest local chains, CharGrill stays a classic. Having gone there with my friends nearly every other weekend, it always is worth it — great food and a great place to be. Greek Fiesta has good Mediterranean food and a location near Green Hope at Stone Creek.

The places mentioned above were only a fraction of what we have here in Cary and in the rest of North Carolina. It is extremely important to support blossoming businesses that are native to our state.

About the Writer
Mason Barish, Staff Writer

Mason Barish is a freshman at Green Hope high school and is new to the Green Hope Falcon Staff. He enjoys writing and is also a part of Mock Congress....