DC vs. Marvel

DC vs. Marvel

Wikimedia Commons, with alterations

Wikimedia Commons, with alterations

Wikimedia Commons, with alterations

Amelia Mendes and Sophie Hall

We decided that it was about time for The GH Falcon to settle one of the largest controversial disputes our generation has ever encountered…DC vs. Marvel. Here’s what the Green Hope student body had to say:

• Tia Kachalia– “I feel like for Marvel the stories aren’t as typical. For DC, you know what’s going to happen. For marvel there’s quality sub plots and character development.”
  • Giuli Hoffmann– “Marvel is better because of every movie they have. The only good DC movies were Wonder Woman and the old Batman trilogy.”
  • Izzy Ortiz– “I just watch Marvel more. I just don’t watch DC movies. They don’t advertise DC as much. Marvel characters are more well known.”
  • Jordan Gentry– “Marvel is just better, period.”
  • Alex Kruczko– “Marvel. That’s it”
  • Jack Hemingway– “DC is better because of Batman. He’s the deciding factor.”
  • Mason Barish– “I like DC in terms of heroes, but Marvel movies are much better.”
  • Uma Bhat – “I prefer Marvel. I saw Iron Man 3 being filmed on the SAS campus and that influenced my opinion, even though I’ve only watched Black Panther.”
  • Tucker Price-“Marvel. The only good DC movies are the Dark Knight trilogy and Wonder Woman. Meanwhile every Marvel movie was a hit. Marvel is more consistent. They’re the Waffle House of movies. DC is the Chilli’s of movies.”
  • Anjali Karkera– “Marvel. I think the cinematography is more defined and I like their actors more.”
  • Roshan Vridhachalam– “Spider-Man is my favorite superhero followed by Thor and Black Panther. I like them a lot.”
  • Bilal Azzam-“Marvel characters are more dynamic and the MCU was done very intricately and made the audience emotionally tied.”
  • Caity Dawes– “The DC movies suck and they don’t have as many characters. There are more Marvel movies, so there’s more to watch”.
  • Caroline Smith– “I prefer Marvel because I only care about Deadpool and Deadpool is Marvel.”
  • Shea Kofkin-Hansen– “Marvel solely because of groot. No other reason,”
  • Max Reid– “Marvel because of the amount of Marvel movies that have come out. Marvel has more intense movies than DC, which has influenced my decision.”
  • Preston Spreher– “They’re both disappointing that this point, but DC has more interesting characters.”
  • Andrew McPartland– “Marvel. I guess it’s because I grew up watching Marvel movies.”
  • Omar Soliman– “Marvel. I just the Marvel superheroes more. I only have two favorites in DC.”

Out of all of the people we interviewed, 84% choose Marvel over DC. The winner is clear. Marvel is undoubtedly better than DC. Although this may be disheartening for the 16% of students who support classic characters like Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, we simply must accept defeat. In regards to Marvel fans, it is time to rejoice, you have been declared victorious.

About the Writers
Amelia Mendes, Opinion Editor

Amelia Allende Mendes is a junior at Green Hope this year.  She moved here four years ago from Miami Beach in Florida, but her favorite place in the world...

Sophie Hall, Staff Writer

The youngest of three sisters, Sophie Hall is a Junior this year at Green Hope.  She plays soccer, excels at drawing and her favorite movie is Pixar's...