Ben Maske Commits to William Peace

Ben Maske Commits to William Peace

Ben Maske commitment photo.

Ben Maske commitment photo.

Ben Maske

Ben Maske commitment photo.

Ben Maske

Ben Maske

Ben Maske commitment photo.

PJ Fenton, Sports Writer

Green Hope Senior Ben Maske has committed to William Peace University to continue his basketball career at the next level. Ben had a great senior season for the Falcons and was a huge part of their postseason run. Ben had some exceptional games this season, whether it was leading the team to the season opening win over Apex with 19 points or clinching the win over conference-leading Riverside with 20 points where he went perfect from the free throw line to close out the game. Ben was a key part of the team on and off the court and was a great role model for younger guards coming up in the program with his great work ethic. Ben led the team in 3 pointers made and was second in total points. These stats are a testament to his hard work over the off-season. Ben went from being a contributing role-player his Junior year to being one of the best players in the Triangle-6 conference his Senior year. When it came down to make a decision to play next year, Maske chose William Peace over multiple other colleges that were interested in his talents. When asked why he chose the Pacers, Ben said that, “The family environment at Peace is what really interested me. The guys on the team are like brothers and are always supporting each other. Also, academically, Peace is a very well-respected school and I feel that I can set myself up very well after college with a diploma from WPU.”Ben feels that the environment at Peace feels like a family and is exactly what he is looking for. William Peace is apart of the USA South athletic conference. Ben will be signing his letter of intent Tuesday April 21st during lunch in the Green Hope media center. Come out and support!

About the Writer
PJ Fenton, Staff Writer

PJ Fenton is a senior at Green Hope High School. He also plays basketball for Green Hope, and his position is small forward. PJ was born in Massachusetts,...