The Return of the Mascot

The Return of the Mascot

Caity Dawes, Sports Editor

Some say it swims in the pool on the roof. Some say they’ve seen it at a pep rally once. Most say they’ve never seen it.
For years, the students of Green Hope would whisper in the crowded halls, “have you seen the Falcon?” Finally, the students saw the Falcon fly high at a recent football game. Reports say the mascot, going by Fred E. Falcon, was flipping with cheerleaders at the game and hyping up the student section. Fred was roaming around the student section, dapping up students. The crowd ate Fred E. up, loving his green feathers and big beak. Maybe, just maybe, Fred E. Falcon was the reason the football team rose to victory.
Word on the street is that Fred E. Falcon will be at various upcoming events, including pep rallies and sports games. Come out to Friday Night Lights and see if you can spot the long-rumored Green Hope figure. Bring your binoculars for bird-watching! Maybe even some bird feed to throw would suffice. Let’s hear your falcon screech! Maybe the Falcon will even make an appearance during the school day.
In recent years, the Falcon has been famously absent from school events. However, with recent appearances, I think it’s safe to say the Falcon is back! Hopefully a new tradition at Green Hope, Fred E. Falcon will be popping around the school this year.