Green Hope Weekly Wrap-up 9/23-9/27

Green Hope Weekly Wrap-up 9/23-9/27

Tyler Trexler, Staff Writer

We are now in the middle of the fall sports season, which means that conference play has begun.  Let us recap how the teams did last week, and take a look at the conference matchups to come this week.

Women’s Tennis:

The tennis team had three matches last week.  They defeated Hillside (9-0), Green Level (9-0), and Athens Drive (8-1).  This week the Falcons have three more matches, including another Fight for 55 matchup against PC on Wednesday at Cary Tennis Park.  The Falcons (9-0) look for three more wins this week to maintain a perfect record.

Mens Soccer:

Soccer lost both games last week, including one against PC.  This week they look for wins against lower ranked opponents within their conference.  Monday the Falcons are away at Athens Drive, and on Wednesday the Falcons return home to take on Green Level.    

Volleyball:

The Volleyball team went 2-0 last week to improve to 4-0 in conference play.  They beat both Green Level and Hillside last week in straight sets. This week the Falcons play Riverside at home on Tuesday and at Jordan on Thursday.

Football:

The football team had a big win in their homecoming game last Friday night.  The final score was Green Hope 43 – Sanderson 23. This week the Falcons have their first conference matchup against rival Cary (2-3).  The game this week is at Cary High School on Friday night and kickoff is at 7:30.