Michael Moore’s Committment

Michael Moore’s Committment

Zaina Safi, Staff Writer

Starting his swimming career at the very young age of 4, Michael Moore has surpassed many and landed a commitment at the fourth school for swimming in the nation. Michael Moore committed to NC State on April 7th, 2019. He is following in the footsteps of his siblings Kate and Hannah Moore, joining the pack as well as swimming for Green Hope High School and the Marlins of Raleigh. 

Michael has many accomplishments already under his belt. He is a three-time State Champion, Olympic trial qualifier, and 18th in the nation for the 400 IM.

Michael is a distance swimmer, swimming the 200 IM and the 500 Freestyle. Last year at states, Michael placed fourth in the 200 IM and sixth in the 500 Free. 

With all of Moore’s persistence and determination, he continues to shed time and further his swimming accomplishments. He is on the 400 Free relay team with Colin Cotter (South Carolina commit), Shaw Satterfield (Ohio State commit), and Michael Cotter. He predicts to break the 400 Free state record with this hardworking team. 

Being on the Green Hope swim team for four years, he has made many memories with the team. His favorite memory so far was Coach Regan measuring their ring sizes on the way to regionals.  

The NC State swim team has many achievements, which include a gold medal in the 4×100 relay, NCAA relay championship, and 2 consecutive ACC titles. Michael is ecstatic to join the NC State team and will likely contribute many more titles for the pack.