Club Feature: GH K-Pop Dance Club

GHHS K Pop Dance Club Instagram

Courtesy of the Club’s official IG page!

Shea McIntyre, Student Life Editor

If you’re interested in boogying with other students (although virtually for right now) then consider becoming a member of K-Pop Dance club! The next upcoming meeting will be held on Tuesday November 3rd (although a teacher-work day) from 2:30-3:30 for you to show off your moves!

About the Club

-This club represents Green Hope by embracing students of different backgrounds to come together and have the freedom to express a common passion in an open environment.

– Each meeting the club will learn a specific K-Pop choreography style or previous performance and work on dance technique that goes along with the particular choreography. Dancers will also learn about tips for dancing virtually at home. Members will be able to vote on which choreography they would like to learn for the next week and record videos of the club dancing together! 

-“Our club is more on the casual side so you’ll be able to meet and interact with new people who share the same interest.”- President Luo

-“Our next meeting via Google Meet is on 11/3 from 2:30-3:30 PM”- President Luo

-The advisor for this club is Karl Redelfs.

How To Join:

– All Green Hope students are welcome to join the club, whether you are an experienced dancer or just want to try a new hobby! Since the club is open to a wide variety of dancers, the club rotates between beginner, intermediate, and advanced choreographies to teach each meet. In order to maintain membership, club participants must attend at least one meeting per month (the club board understands that you may not be able to attend all meetings if the difficulty level of the choreography of the week is currently too difficult for you).

-“I (Lynn Luo) am the President of the Club. The club is currently searching and recruiting a Vice President (who will help teach dances as a main responsibility), a secretary, and a social media manager (to promote the club and its meetings and additional opportunities). No prior dance experience is required for the secretary and social media manager positions!”- President Luo

– There’s a Google Form for hopeful members accessible on the club’s website @ghhskpopdance where additional updates can be found!