Club Feature: National Green Schools Society (NGSS)

Shea McIntyre, Student Life Editor

Attention all environment-aware GHHS students!! If you’d like to make real change, meet new friends, get an honor society credit, and enrich your extracurricular studies with more STEM, leadership, and service- join our school’s National Green Schools Society or NGSS!

About The Club:

National Green Schools Society (NGSS) is a national organization that promotes environmental stewardship at Green Hope and in our community. Unlike other service clubs, NGSS is focused specifically on the intersection of STEM, leadership, and service – with involved members able to lead and manage their very own semester-long service projects as opposed to single events. Members have the potential to earn scholarships and national recognition for their projects, and Green Hope NGSS’s partnership with the Town of Cary gives members unique and promising opportunities to get involved in impactful service projects that stand out among the rest.

Officers:

• President: Aryaman Bana
  • Vice President: Isaac Lund
  • Project Manager: Jon Einsmann
  • Project Manager: Sam Hesi

– Open officer positions: any member can get a leadership position by starting their own service project.

– The advisor overseeing this club is Ms. Parkin

How To Join:

– Send an email to [email protected] and to say that you are interested in joining! There’s no special criteria to join. 

– The next meeting is scheduled for the first week of December! (Meetings are during lunch via Google Meet)

Upcoming Big Events:

• Carbon reduction project with Town Of Cary
  • Prairie ecosystem restoration at Carpenter Park
  • Town Of Cary garden management
  • Elementary education initiatives
  • National Race for the Planet w/ NGSS parent organization

Contact/Follow For More Updates:

Website: https://tinyurl.com/greenhopengss

Social media: instagram: @ngss.greenhope

Contact for more info: [email protected]