Falcon’s Favorite Flics- February Edition!

If you ever want to broaden your movie knowledge or watch something you normally wouldn't: check out Falcons Favorite Flics for each month!

If you ever want to broaden your movie knowledge or watch something you normally wouldn’t: check out Falcons Favorite Flics for each month!

Taewan Park and Emma Hamrick

A month has passed, which means that it is time for the February iteration of Falcon’s Favorite Flics (that is being released in March…)! This time around we asked other students from Green Hope to recommend one of their favorite TV shows or movies! NOTE: Not all of these “flics” can be watched for free on all of the platforms mentioned, so if it has a “$” next to it, you will need to pay to watch. Otherwise, please check out any of these eight shows/movies recommended by your peers!

Princess Mononoke: Recommended by Chloe Lin, Senior

• Released: 1997
  • Genre: Fantasy/Adventure
  • Brief Description: A feature-length animated film produced by Studio Ghibli, famous for producing animated films such as “Howl’s Moving Castle.” This film follows Ashitaka on his journey to find the cure for a Tatarigami’s curse. Along the way he finds himself in the midst of a war between the gods of the forest and a mining colony.
  • Where: HBO Max, YouTube($), and AppleTV+($)
Chloe Lin’s recommended flic!

Schitt’s Creek: Recommended by Lauren Humphlett, Senior

• Released: 2015-2020
  • Genre: Satire/Comedy
  • Brief Description: The insanely rich Rose family finds themselves broke after a tax fraud scandal, and are forced to leave their luxurious life behind for a life in the rural town of Schitt’s Creek. This series follows the Rose family as they try to adjust to life in their new home, all the while they try to scrape their way back to the status they used to have.
  • Where: Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube TV
Lauren Humphlett’s recommended flic!

The Queen’s Gambit: Recommended by Esther Kim, Junior

• Released: 2020
  • Genre: Historical Drama
  • Brief Description: Elizabeth Harmon is an orphan chess prodigy who is clearly on her way to being a world-class chess player. This show follows her journey through the chess scene as well as her struggles with emotional issues, and addiction.
  • Where: Netflix
Esther Kim’s recommended flic!

Attack on Titan: Recommended by Ja-cai Germain, Junior

• Released: 2013-2021
  • Genre: Dark Fantasy/Action
  • Brief Description: The human race has been forced to live inside massive walled-in cities to protect themselves from Titans, man-eating humanoid creatures that can reach up to 15 meters tall. This series itself follows Eren Yeager on his quest to exterminate all Titans to avenge the death of his mother.
  • Where: Hulu, Youtube TV, and CrunchyRoll
Ja-cai Germain’s recommended flic!

The Parent Trap: Recommended by Amarah Pearson, Sophomore

• Released: 1998
  • Genre: Comedy/Drama
  • Brief Description: Two teenage twins, who were separated at birth, meet at a summer camp. Upon realizing their relation, the two try to reunite their divorced parents through  a series of devious antics.
  • Where: Disney+, YouTube($), and iTunes($)
Amarah Pearson’s recommended flic!

WALL-E: Recommended by Megan Carawan, Sophomore

• Released: 2008
  • Genre: Comedy/Adventure
  • Brief Description: This movie follows the adventures of WALL-E, the only remaining robot left on Earth. After 700 years of cleaning up after humans, this little robot develops an extremely curious personality. A second robot, EVE, was dropped on Earth to do some investigating, and WALL-E falls head-over-heels for this sleek, feminine robot. He follows EVE back onto the spaceship that brought her, and he embarks on a journey through space.
  • Where: Disney+, YouTube($), and Amazon Prime($)
Megan Carawan’s recommended flic!

The Good Place: Recommended by Lucy Tomforde, Freshman

• Released: 2016-2020
  • Genre: Sitcom/Fantasy
  • Brief Description: Eleanor is brought to The Good Place, a town where those who have been good in their lives reside after death, even though she was nowhere near good in her life. Joined by her soulmate and her neighbors she tries to right the wrongs she made in life so that she can rightfully earn her spot in The Good Place.
  • Where: AppleTV+, Netflix, and Youtube($)
Lucy Tomforde’s recommended flic!

Your Name: Recommended by Emma Shin, Freshman

• Released: 2016
  • Genre: Romance/Fantasy
  • Brief Description: A boy from Tokyo and a girl from a small town wake up in each other’s bodies. Forced to make it work, they build a connection with each other and communicate back and forth without ever meeting. After some time, the pair realizes that they don’t want to go on that way anymore, and try to meet. But there is something keeping them apart. 
  • Where: Youtube($), Vudu($), and Amazon Prime($)
Emma Shin’s recommended flic!

Thanks for reading! Send in your flics for March!